If you have a Mac, congratulations, you are a person with a luxurious mind and you have all things well. But Mac has some limitation as well but well, those are common when it comes to Apple. Now, there are people who have ample work which requires taking screenshots and if they have a mac, most people do not know how to work it out. If you are from the same category, we have got amazing news for you. We are saying this because we have added a complete guide on How To Take Screenshot On Mac – A Step-by-step Guide in this article. So let’s see what we have got in the house for you!
How To Take Screenshot On Mac – A Step by Step Guide Method 1
In this method, just press ⌘+shift+3 and it will capture the whole screen
How To Take Screenshot On Mac – A Step by Step Guide Method 2
In this method, press shift + ⌘ + 4 and it will turn the cursor into a crosshair. After that, you will be able to drag in order to select a particular portion of the screen to capture. Then, just release the trackpad or mouse button to take a screenshot. After hitting this button sequence, you can do various things which include;
- The first thing that you can do is press and release the space bar and as soon as you do it, the crosshair will turn into a camera icon which you can move around on the screen. Then, take the camera icon to a place where you want to take the screenshot and click and the screenshot will be captured. The screenshot will have drop shadow with a white border.
- The second thing that you can do is press and release the space bar but before releasing the trackpad or mouse button. This option will lock the shape and size of the selection area but still, you will be able to reposition the screen and the initial selection area has to be very handy. You can hold down the space bar before releasing the mouse button in order to take a screenshot.
- The third thing that you can do is hold down the shift key after dragging the highlighted area before releasing the trackpad or mouse button. It will lock each side of the selected area that is created with a crosshair. It will save the bottom edge and you can even position the bottom edge by moving mouse button up and down a bit. You can release the shift key without releasing the mouse button, hit it again and the right edge of the selected area will be repositioned.
How To Take Screenshot On Mac – A Step by step Guide Method 3
In this method, you have to click shift + ⌘ + 5 and this shortcut has been introduced by Mac itself. This will open up small panel along with the screen capture options at the display bottom. With this button, there can be three option; entire screen, screen selection, and window. There are even two-video recording buttons which allow the users to record the selected screen area or the complete screen. At the left side, there will be an X button which allows the users to close the panel and you can even use the Esc button to exit.
At the right side, there is an options button which allows the users to choose the location for the saving of screenshots such as clipboard, desktop, mail, document, messages, and preview. You can also add a 5 or 10-second delay which allows the users to line up the tasks which can be disappeared if you keep up with the screenshot tool.
In Macintosh computers, the show floating thumbnail will be automatically switched on which will place the just captured screenshot in the lower right corner of the screen as it does in the iPhone. But this option can be turned off on the Mac. You can also show the mouse pointer in screenshot image or video. If they have a screenshot panel, grab the left edge of the screen and drop it to a new spot on the screen.
When you switch on the floating thumbnail option, you will have access to the markup tools in order to annotate the screenshot. It will be automatically saved to the location where you saved the previously captured screenshot. You can click on the floating thumbnail and the markup view preview option will pop open along with all the markup tools. If you right click on the floating thumbnail, you will be able to;
- Show in the finder
- Delete the screenshot
- Close and save the screenshot
- Open it into messages, photos, mail, and preview
- Save the screenshot into document, clipboard, and even on the desktop
- Opens the markup preview window as described in the section above
This was all about How To Take Screenshot On Mac – A Step-by-step Guide and we hope that it helped you. If you have any more questions to ask, you can reach out to us in the comment section below and we will be here to help. If you liked the article, you can share it with your friends and family and help us grow. Thank you!