Well, there are times when you want to record a video on the device and show it to someone you want to share things with and if you are using Mac, it is quite possible. You can record the screen, record a Facetime video call because it is just so precious, make someone learn a trick, help someone with the settings, record some strange videos, record videos and movies from YouTube and Netflix, and much more. This is all possible but sometimes, people are unable to record the sound along with the video and they even think if all this is legal. Well, this is all possible and legal as well. You just need to know the method and we have got you covered as we have added How To Screen Record Videos On Mac – A Complete Guideline in this article.
How To Screen Record Videos On Mac –Step By Step Guide
However, if you are using the iPhone or iPad, there is an in-built record screen feature which allows the users to record anything they want on their devices such as YouTube videos or other funny clips if you want to share.
- How to Activate SMS Delivery Reports
- How To Run Python Script Online Editor
- How To Run Python Script In Linux
- How To Take Screenshot On Mac
- How to Write Seo Optimized Content
How To Screen Record In MacOS Mojave
In September 2018, Apple launched the macOS Mojave which eased the way people screen recorded. So, if you have Mojave, this section is for you as we have mentioned how to screen record from this feature, so, have a look!
- In the first step, just open the screenshot bar on Mojave by pressing the command + shift + 5 from the keyboard
- You will be able to record the screen; either selected part or whole screen and you can choose whichever option seems fine to you
- In case you want you to want to record the whole screen, you can click on the record button which will appear beside the option list
- In case you have more than one screen open, you can click and hold onto the other button to select which screen to choose; 1st or 2nd
- You can select a particular part of the screen if you want to record the selected area by just selecting the window
- Once you have recorded the screen as you like, you can click on the stop button that appears in the menu bar or you can even press “shift + command + 5” one again and press the stop button
- Once you have stopped the screen recording, the recorded video will appear in the bottom right corner of the screen and you can click on it to open and play the video
- You can even edit the video by clicking on the trim button. The trim button will appear by the done button
- In order to trim the video, you can click on the yellow hold points by dragging them inwards and click done at the end
But even if you have no Mojave installed on your Mac or if you cannot install it because the Mac model doesn’t allow it, you can still screen record the video as we have mentioned another method as well.
How To Screen Record On Mac Using QuickTime
This method is a perfect option for you if you don’t have Mojave or if you cannot install it. With this method, you can screen record whatever is on your Mac’s screen. For this method, you just need to download QuickTime Player on Mac which is a free application to download. So, let’s see how to do it!
Step 1 – Starting Off
In the first step, just open the QuickTime Player on your Mac. If you cannot find the application, just press command + shift and type QuickTime to locate the application
Step 2 – Hit The Button
Then, click on the new screen recording and you can do it by right-clicking on the QuickTime Player icon and choose the new screen recording option. As soon as you hit the button, the new screen recording box will open up
Step 3 – Record Through Microphone
You can even click on the white arrow to check more option such as using an external microphone to record audio or you can even use the in-built microphone. You might want to use headphones in order to record your own voice for voiceover purposes. So, if you want to record a voiceover, you can plug in the headphones and choose the external microphone option. However, the audio for the video you are screen recording will not be recorded. There is also a mouse click option which you can turn on and it will show up during the recording
Step 4 – Record The Screen
Once you are all set for the recording, you can choose if you want to record the whole screen or some part of it. In the case you want to record a selected portion, click on the red record button and you will have to drag the record part of the screen to make that happen. Once you have selected the area, you can click on the record button to start recording. If you want to record the whole screen, you can click on the record button and click anywhere on the screen to start the recording
Step 5 – Stop The Recording
Once you are ready to finish the recording, you can right-click on the QuickTime Player icon and choose the “stop” button to stop the recording
Step 6 – Save
It will ask for the saving, click on yes and choose the save location
You can share this video on YouTube, Final Cut Pro, and iMovie as well. This was all about How To Screen Record Videos On Mac – A Complete Guideline and we hope it helped you. If you have any more queries, you can ask us through the comment section below and we will be here to help. If you like the content, you can share it with your friends and family and help us grow. Thank you!