How To Be An Uber Driver – A Complete Guideline
For everyone who loves to enjoy taking cabs, we know that when Uber was launched in 2009, you were overjoyed, well, we were too because we could just order a cab while chilling in PJs and it would come to the house and take us wherever we wanted! Turns out, Uber is always hiring for Uber drivers and if you are someone who loves to drive, you can choose this opportunity and you can even earn a lot of bucks while doing what you enjoy,
driving! The best thing about being an Uber driver is that you get to meet new people and drive around the town while making money. The thing we love about being the Uber driver is that there is hardly any paperwork and you can just carry on with the things after entering the details in the mobile application. Last but not least, you won’t have to answer to the boss and no one will say “get back to work” to you. So, in this article, we have added How To Be An Uber Driver – A Complete Guideline so that you earn easily and sign up without any hassle!
- How to Play 4k Video On Pc
- How To Create Chat Widget For Website
- How To Make Chat Box Using HTML For Website
However, there are many things that you need to consider before signing up for the Uber driver, want to know more about it? Read on to find out!
- There are peak times when the demand for vehicles is high and you should be working at that time rather than sleeping off in your bed
- There are high-profit times which you need to take advantage of
There are many Uber drivers out there who have earned a lot of money but there are some who weren’t able to earn the basic wages which has got us thinking that how much an Uber driver actually makes. Well, we wanted to know about so, we dug a little deeper and found out some things which are taken into consideration to estimate the average pay of the Uber driver;
- Base Fare
- Time of ride
- Booking fee
The booking fee and base fare are fixed by the Uber Corporation itself for the type of various vehicles and that amount is applied to every ride and bill.
Mileage means how much a person travels and how much distance is covered during the ride and the amount per km has been fixed by the company as well and the bill includes the multiplied amount. The next is time which portrays the time of day or night you book the ride because there are some surge timings when the prices are high. O, the more rides you take, the more you earn!
Now that you know what things will determine the pay rate at the end of the month, you need to ask yourself a few questions before starting off as an Uber driver;
- How long can I drive for?
- Am I comfortable in being self-employed and will I be able to handle the business on my own?
- Am I disciplined enough to manage the routine?
- Do I feel comfortable in meeting new people?
If the answers to these questions are on a positive side, congratulations, you can simply sign up for Uber driver! So, now, you need to see the eligibility criteria for being an Uber driver, so, let’s jumps on to the details!
Vehicle Requirements For Uber
Well, if you have made a decision to work as an Uber driver, you will need to have a vehicle and there are some criteria which you need to fulfil to sign up your car on the Uber and earn!
UberX – It is the easiest criteria as it is the lowest vehicle level offered by Uber. In this category, the cars which are older than 10 years can be signed up but need to be effectively functional
UberPool – In UberPool, people will be sharing the rides with others and you need to see if your vehicle can fit numerous people at a time
UberXL – For this category, you need to have a vehicle which has a seating capacity of more than 5 people i.e. the SUVs and minivans but they need to be less than 15 years old
UberSUV – For this category, your vehicle needs to have a seating capacity for more than 7 people. This category is more on a luxurious side, so, you need to make sure that your vehicle’s conditions are up to the mark and is less than 5 years old
UberSELECT – In this category, only the luxurious Sedans are eligible and the seats have to be of vinyl of pure leather
UberBlack – In this category, your vehicle has to be all black no matter outside or inside. In this Uber vehicle category, the cars made after 2014 are eligible and interior, as well as the exteriors, needs to be black with black leather seats
UberLUX – This is the most luxurious vehicle category, you need to make sure that you have the finest and most luxurious vehicle and the manufacturing has to be after 2012
Uber Driver’s Eligibility Criteria
There aren’t only restrictions for the Uber vehicles because there are things that need to be considered as a person to join the Uber Driver post. So, let’s see the things you need to consider!
- You need to have a driving license
- You need to have at least one year of driving experience
- You need to have car insurance
- The vehicle should be clean
- The vehicle has to be registered
The copy of all these documents has to be submitted to Uber and they will check your criminal and general records of past seven years, so, make sure you have none! If there are any violations and tickets on your name, you might not be able to drive as an Uber driver.
How To Fill Out The Uber Driver Application
Many people have difficulty while signing up and filling up the application and if you are one such person, we have written down all the instructions and details for you. Read on to successfully sign up as an Uber driver!
- At the time of signing up, you need to have your driving license, registration, and insurance documents as those details will be needed.
- In the first step, just go to the signup page and add the details along with the signup bonus code (PREGY) to earn some bonus as a driver
- In the second step, read the vehicle requirements and if the requirements match your vehicle, add the vehicle details
- In the third step, add in the social security number (don’t worry, the social security number will be confidential)
- In the fourth step, they will ask your permission to carry out the background check and you must say yes to that
- Then, take a picture of your driving license, insurance, and registration, and upload them all on the site in required fields
Now, just download the Uber app and sign up as a driver!
We hope that this guide helped you take maximum benefits from the Uber driver and if you are up for working as an Uber driver, congratulations to you for some extra bucks that you will be making. If you liked the guide, give us a thumb up and share with your friends. Stay tuned for more such content as we are on our way to help our readers make the most of the opportunities. Happy driving and earning!